Family Therapy &
Parenting Enhancement Programs
Flourish Therapy & Consulting can support parents and families by offering:
- One-on-one counselling for parents who are struggling with the behaviour and/or mental health concerns of their young person
- Family therapy to address difficulties arising in the relationships and/or communication between parents, young people and siblings
- Parenting skills enhancement - building skills to improve communication, reduce stress and respond to challenging behaviour
One-on-one parenting support sessions attract Medicare Rebates where the parent accessing support has their own valid Mental Health Care Plan and/or referral letter from a GP or psychiatrist. Please see 'Our Fees' for more information.
Flourish Therapy & Consulting also offers a range of educational group programs for parents across the year covering a range of subjects.
Want more information on educational group programs for parents?
*Fees correct as of April 1 2019. Fees subject to change without notice.
Please note the following important information regarding fees:
- The above fees are a guide only and may vary depending on the presenting concern, funding body, referral type or whether assessments/reports are required. Please contact us to discuss your specific situation for an accurate overview of fees.
- Medicare only provides a rebate/bulk-billing for individual sessions, therefore family therapy services attract no rebates. These can be accessed without a referral.
- The Medicare Rebate and Gap Payment’s listed above are an approximate guide only. There are many factors which may affect the rebate assigned by Medicare including whether you have reached the Medicare Safety Net. Flourish Therapy & Consulting cannot be held responsible for your Medicare Rebate and Gap Payment varying from the above.
- You will only be eligible for a Medicare Rebate and Bulk-Billing with a correct and valid Mental Health Care Plan and referral letter. You may be liable for the full session fee without a Medicare Rebate if you do not have a correct Mental Health Care Plan and referral letter in place at the time of your appointment.
- Typically, your initial appointment will take place in our office. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for outreach support, however this is not suitable for all clients and all situations.
Flourish Therapy & Consulting want to ensure counselling is accessible to all people, even when they are doing it tough financially. If you are experiencing genuine financial hardship or hold a valid Centrelink Health Care Card or pension card, you may be eligible to access bulk-billed sessions with not out of pocket cost. Please contact us to discuss your situation.
Want to Make A Referral?